Betel Herb to Cure Diseases
October 30, 2012 | Posted in : Herbal Medicine by justra
Betel (Piper betle) is a native plant of Indonesia, which has many benefits. Betel leaves can maintain oral health. Teeth become stronger and mouth free of odor. In addition, betel leaves can also be used to treat cough, leukore, and some serious diseases.
To eliminate bad breath and preventing tooth decay using betel leaves, here’s the methods:
- Provide 1 betel leaves, wash, then chew for several minutes.
- Take this recipe for 2-3 times a day.
- If you can not stand the smell of chewing betel, you can use betel leaf boiled water to rinse after every meal.
Betel leaves for cough:
- Provide 5 pieces of betel leaf, 11 clove seeds, 11 cardamom seeds, and finger-sized cinnamon
- Wash all the ingredients and boil into 2 cups of water
- Wait until the water remaining 1.5 cups. Strain the water and drink 3 times a day.
Betel leaves to treat vaginal discharge:
- Take some betel leaves, wash, boil, and use the water to wash the female organs
- Next create a recipe for a drink by providing some betel leaves, turmeric (Curcuma domestica), and sambiloto (Andrographis paniculata Ness).
- Boil all the ingredients, strain the water and drink every day until the vaginal discharge is gone.
Serious diseases that can be treated using betel leaves:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Uric acid
- Joint pain
To get the benefits of betel leaves, boil 3-5 red betel leaves with 2 cups of water, drink this betel herb regularly.
Betel leaves contain volatile oil consisting of betlephenol, sesquiterpene, starch, diatase, sugar and tannin substances that are anti-fungal, antioxidants, and can kill germs and fungicides.
These contents also make betel efficacious to eliminate body odor caused by bacteria and fungi. Even betel leaf can hold the bleeding, heal wounds on the skin, and gastrointestinal disorders.